Automation and control systems based upon field bus
Fieldbus system is now the first choice for many industries especially the oil and gas petrochemical industries .in fieldbus technology the basis of connection between the system components is base on function blocks , so information can be exchanged with minimum error rate , maximum security and high safety between equipments and system controllers.
The advantages of applying smar fieldbus
- Reducing the primary prices :network connectivity equipments and additional equipments used for receiving information , are removed in order to reduce primary prices in field bus system. the number of transmission equipments ,ducts , racks are reduced because of applying only 2 cable in order to having data transmission .also most of hardware are removed through using strong software which has the capability of documentation .
- Flexibility and also Possibility of easily adding or removing equipments in system.
- Ability to communicate with other parts of system: although in other systems there is not the possibility of directly data exchange between different parts , it is possible in 302 system (field bus).
- High percentage of accuracy and accessibility .
- The status of each system is specified at every time, besides the relationship between controller and devices is two way connection , In order to reduce management costs.
- High quality of products : because of removing A/D and D/A , data transfer will be more accurate and also devices will work more appropriate therefore final quality of products will be higher .
- Lower costs in order to develop and changes.
- Easier operation for users.
- Easier engineering.
- Quickly and easily learning .
- High safety